1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It has to be Kamala.

And it has to be Gavin.

Both for very good reasons that spans several bases.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Although Kamala/Whitmer could work if.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I now know why I drink.
    My wife has been away a couple of days. I told her I wasn't watching it yesterday and again this morning that I didn't.
    I'm heading out to mow. Talk to you later.
    She then unleashes a series of six multi-scroll texts about how bad it was, how bad it will be for our great nieces, SCOTUS, on and on... all of which I have to stop what I'm doing, not actually read, then answer with a one-word reply.
    I just came in for my second beer at 9:45.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

If I'm Jaime Harrison, the chair of the DNC, I'm formulating an exit strategy for Biden ASAP. Have him announce on television that he's stepping down "to be with his family and enjoy his remaining years." Give him a graceful way to save face.

Then let Harris take the slings and arrows for the rest of the term, knowing she's got a snowball's chance in hell of beating Trump. And have a real convention where the delegates find someone fresh and vibrant with broad-based support who isn't Biden or Trump.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

I think Newsom would play too easily into the Leftist California rhetoric the GOP would surely jump on. Whitmer makes more sense -- gets away from "two old white guys" race and builds some talk about " first female President." We shall see, assuming President Biden does drop out.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Metric shitton indeed.

Driftwood and maumann like this.
  7. TigerVols

The carrot for booting Biden is letting him pardon Hunter on the way out the door.

franticscribe and Driftwood like this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Your best bet is right here in Pennsylvania but he’s not ripe and not enough of a name yet.

garrow likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I have no problem with Biden being replaced. I doubt a female candidate would win. Or a Californian. Or a Mayor Secretary.

10. TigerVols

Joe Biden risks becoming RBG 2.0. Arrogance that results in a generation of political losses is not a virtue. Being willing to step aside to protect your party’s future is.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Washington Post sees what has happened to the bottom line since 2020, and it is determined to return Trump to power. Same for CNN and NYT.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don’t think any votes flipped from one candidate to the other, but I fear many went from Biden to sitting it out.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted