1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As much abuse as Axelrod gets here, he had one strong point before I tuned out for the night: The days of the party bosses running the show are over, the nominations are in the hands of the voters. There's not going to be a brokered convention (think the finale of the penultimate season of The West Wing), barring something overwhelming and shocking, such as when Kennedy was shot.

Like it or not, the Dems are all-in with Biden.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Two West Coasters? And two women? I like the idea, but how many others would?

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I saw this last night and waited to see if it was real because of the absurdity of it.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Kamala was gifted the second-highest post in the land with the very real chance of ascending to the top spot in the event of the death of an octogenarian.

She is owed NOTHING else. Ever.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That numbered list? SMH.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Half the Swifties haven't reached voting age.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Rapist
    Racist
    Felon
    Fascist
    Moron
    Thief
    Russian stooge
    Front runner

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The other day I ran across a story about a warehouse development being built on a farm community near Lebanon, Tenn., so I looked it up on Google Maps. I "drove" down a spectacularly peaceful country road like the ones I trained upon as a bicycle racer for many years and I came across a pretty little farm house up on a hill at the end of a gravel driveway, surrounded by at least 3 acres of grass, with the homeowner on his little John Deere green riding mower, wearing his jeans and his Carharrt plaid shirt, looking up at the Google car with surprise and I've thought about that guy many times since. I'd love to trade places with him for a little while -- I'd mow his yard for free.

10. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

To quote killer and boxing promoter Don King, "Only in America!"

garrow likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Liar

garrow likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted