1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Look, if Biden were to drop out, he'd have to resign as President, too, since if he's not fit to run, he's not fit to govern. So President Harris would lead the ticket. That's it. Nothing else would or could happen. Trying to ace a black woman, an accomplished one, from the top spot would shatter the Democratic Party into a thousand pieces. So if the "Biden should quit" folks don't think Harris can beat Trump, they have no case.
    It's pathetic and makes me more than slightly ashamed of being a Democrat. Trump gets convicted of felonies, and nobody argues he should drop out. Biden has a lousy debate and its the end of the world. What a bunch of quitters.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Trump for real said last night that Hispanics are coming across the border taking "black jobs," but lets talk summore about Biden needing a Sucret.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And the only possible way she would be elected President in 2024 is if she is the incumbent in November. Otherwise, she's a non-starter.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Christ, we're now pining for a plot line that literally happened in "Veep."

2muchcoffeeman and TowelWaver like this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

The good news is that the farm system is developing some good prospects in Josh Shapiro, Wes Moore, Big Gretch and Newsom. The bad news is if Trump gets a second term, it'll be like being a Sonics fan and seeing Kevin Garnett get drafted as the team is leaving for OKC.

garrow likes this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The idiots holding power in Dem Party should have seen this long ago and promoted these youngsters long ago. Instead they were worrying about pitch counts.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Maybe part of the problem is that someone who will be 60 in 2028 is considered a "farm system prospect."

8. BitterYoungMatador2

They were worried about their own power and then were validated when none of these people could gain any momentum in primaries. And I'll go to my grave saying they didn't build up a bench in Obama's eight years because it was understood that the fix was in for Hillary in 2016. I mean, Pete Buttigeig checks all of the boxes of what Middle America SHOULD like -- military vet, war vet, educated -- and they couldn't wait to marginalize the guy.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

When you're broke, $200 seems like a lot of money.

When your two candidates are pushing 80, a 60-year-old seems like a fetus. Plus, a chunk of Gen X is in their 60s now.

gingerbread likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yeaahhhhh, I'm not so enamored with mowing these days simply because I spent about 45 years mowing 4 hours a week on a riding mower in Tennessee. I just pushed my yard in NC in 19 minutes.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Dan, I say this for fun, not as a personal criticism … but if there’s any type of party whose attendees have a lesser chance of getting laid than those attending a presidential debate party, I can’t think of one.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

How do you gain momentum in primaries when everyone wants to call it three states in? Any longer and you're a "fractured" party.

Draft saved Draft deleted