1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

'Cuz they know mighty King Economy Donny will be back in the oval babeeee

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

08 was an unmitigated disaster for the GOP - not that, had it been a well-oiled machine, Obama stood much chance of losing. It was peak Fox News era, Sarah Palin was a workshopped VP to pair with McCain, they couldn't control her, and then, all of the sudden, Joe The Plumber was on the campaign trail.

In '12, Mitt Romney was the "competent" candidate who more or less was the establishment guy.

No one thought Trump could win in '16 so 96 people ran while Trump hogged the spotlight. GOP had no choice. Hindsight being 20/20, the party should've coalesced behind Rubio or Kasich.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I only took a little peek at her newsletter. I swear!

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I voted for John Kasich in 2016 as a write-in and am damn proud of it.
    Of course, to some here, it was a wasted vote.

WriteThinking likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There was exactly ONE reason to hold a debate three months earlier than one has ever been held before.

To have time to tear it all up and rebuild if necessary. And if last night didn't qualify as "if necessary" . . . what would? A cerebral hemorrhage onstage?

Alma, Driftwood and Liut like this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's almost as if Biden needs to throw a Hail Mary pass to progressives and announce immediately his plan to pack the court. That would get people off the subject of his doddering old fool situation.

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fat Orange Hitler still losing in November.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I know that's the left's conspiracy theory of the moment but I just don't see it. Were Biden Administration officials so hell-bent on dumping their own guy they planned weeks ahead to sabotage him so publicly? Okaaaaay.

10. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, on the campaign trail, it's goin' great!

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

This whole thread is going to be one four-month-long doom boner, isn't it?

12. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

If you want to call it such, that's fine. I'm operating from this view:

1. American people have long been proven to value style over substance. Unfortunately, no amount of accomplishment and no scripted soundbites will outweigh the sights and sounds the world witnessed Thursday night.

2. As George Orwell wrote, "The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." Those in the Democratic Party who want to keep on whistling past the graveyard are asking myself and others who were stunned and saddened by what our eyes and ears saw last night to reject it.

Trump should have been burned, buried and had his grave pissed on during that debate. I didn't need a fact checker to be able to point out his lies in real time. But Biden's responses were too slow and garbled. And as I predicted, the time limit and the mic muting actually helped Trump.

If that makes me one with a "doom boner," so be it.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2024
    Driftwood, TigerVols and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted