1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Live your best life, bro.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Take your like and get out of here. Or take your like and get out of here.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If he had been up to it, there would be no reason to do anything. But . . .

gots.jpg

They gots to know.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

We’ve been told we were foolish to worry for the last couple of years at least. Well it turns out people in the White House and Democratic Party should have been doing a whole lot more worrying. It’s the Yankeefan gaslighting bullshit from 2016 and beyond in reverse.

5. Regan MacNeil

Cool. Enjoy your ulcer.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yinz get the new Doom Boner album?

7. Regan MacNeil

I picked it up dahntahn, ya jagoff.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2016 is turning into a pivotal year historically. Yes, the Republicans should have tried to rein in CFTFG. Buy the Dems shouldn't have gone all-in on Hillary. I blame soccer.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

Ain't as good as dere first one 'n at.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

Now you've done it. Cue the "She won the popular vote by three million!!!" people.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Democrats: Oh geez, Biden looked old last night. We should replace him.
    Republicans: Oh geez, who cares that Trump is a felon? We are voting for him no matter what.

SFIND likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Welp, I feel good I didn't watch. But of course I've absorbed the information. Biden had an awful night at just about the worst time possible. And with no fact checking and without being forced to answer questions, the convicted felon was able to give his campaign speech full of lies. Not great.

The fundamental question is this: Does changing candidates at this point improve the odds of winning? I don't think it does. I've been wrong before of course. But I don't think anyone will agree on a candidate, let alone pull it off seamlessly. So, all that talk is mostly for the cable news assholes. Which I strongly recommend ignoring.

Honestly, not much has changed. Biden continues to be old and trump continues to be a lying convicted felon and the worst possible person this country has to offer. The election will be close and come down to a few states, as it always does. Hopefully Biden can bounce back and avoid more terrible nights like last night.

Roe remains on the ballot. The future of SCOTUS remains on the ballot. Those things aren't changing either. Hopefully young people and women remember that. If not, Biden will lose. And the people that will be most affected by a trump win will suffer the consequences.

If Biden loses, you hope to win the House (the Dems will do that) and keep the Senate (not so sure there). That will at least limit the damage.

I still don't think many votes were changed last night. So getting turnout is, and always has been, the key. It got a little harder after last night, but it's not impossible over the next four months.

I know how I'm voting and there's not much else I can do. I won't let that criminal ruin my life in the meantime.

As always, a million more things, good and bad, will happen before the election.

Draft saved Draft deleted