1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

garrow and matt_garth like this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I thought he had a cold. Why is he spreading germs around?

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A newspaper’s opinion writers should shut up and vote. For democracy’s sake.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Lol whatever

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Maybe he took hydroxychloroquine AND ivermectin.

OscarMadison, garrow and MileHigh like this.
  6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

No one wants it to be.

But you know what? As I've been experiencing lately with an elderly parent, things do not get better -- they only get worse -- when it comes to aging. And often, it happens disconcertingly fast, once the onset is established and the downward trajectory has really begun. How fast? Like, you may notice differences and deterioration on a month-to-month basis, or weekly...and daily, even, once a person is really closing in on the end.

And the one who usually notices and pinpoints things the most, because they know themselves and what they used to do, not even all that long ago? Yep...the elderly person themself.

I'll vote for Biden if he is the Democratic candidate. But, given what I saw last night, I now don't necessarily expect or anticipate a better performance in the next debate, because it might not happen, much as we might wish/hope for it. I think that's what people are sensing and experiencing right now with all this angst. Because the issue has become real, instead of just Fox News-driven speculation and insulting rhetoric lobbed against Biden just because he's Biden, and not Trump.

As micropolitan guy posted, this wasn't simply a bad outing. It was a stark, stunning indication of where Biden is at, and it was a place many of us had not really seen or "got" yet in an up-close, enlightening way, despite his age being an issue all election long.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2024
    OscarMadison, Liut, maumann and 2 others like this.
  7. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

LBJ realized that he had lost the country's support after Cronkite's report and opinion piece on the status of the Vietnam War. President Biden must realize he has lost the core of his supporters following today's NYT editorial.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Seems like it would be best to see if Biden actually HAS lost the core of his supporters. Minor detail, I know.

And we are fucking LIGHT YEARS from the media environment of Cronkite. Not a good comparison.

SFIND likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm gonna repost this for the people in the back:

The fuck did y'all do in the last 24 hours?
    This question is not rhetorical. I expect a list.

OscarMadison and SFIND like this.
  10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Trumpy going to run unopposed.

11. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

Of course not. There are Democratic contenders IF President Biden opts to withdraw. The President is fund raising this weekend, he will be at NJ Gov Philip Murphy's mansion on Sunday.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

1. Some spreadsheets.

2. Not look senile before a national audience.

3. A list.

TigerVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted