1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think they're there. The next Samoan guy who comes in needs to join Roman and the Usos to balance the numbers.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

In terms of the literal bloodline, I think Jacob Fatu would've been the one. He would've made sense since he is blood with Roman and the Usos, unlike the Tongans.

The next guy they've apparently got in the pipeline is Hikuleo, who is the third son of Haku, along with Tama Tonga and Tonga Loa. I can't see any explanation to split Hikuleo from his legit brothers.

The only other Samoan I know that's out there is Zilla Fatu (Umaga's son), but he's still green as grass and needs the time in the indies.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Are they going to have to launch a fourth weekly show just to give all of the Samoans and Tongans TV time?

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  4. nietsroob17

5. nietsroob17

Looks like we're due the battle of the three-letter women's stars: CEO vs. DMD. Maybe with RVD as the guest ref?

Batman likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

With a run-in by the NWO?

Baron Scicluna and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

NJPW getting a forbidden door-ish event on Jan. 5? I like that. Spread the love.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Maybe there’s a swerve coming to get him there, and it’s costs Solo along the way. Maybe that switch happens when Roman returns. However they do it, I trust it’s going to be good since they’ve kept it going for so long.

9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

on the PPV

Batman likes this.
  10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think we see something different play out. Not sure when or how, but at some point the new Bloodline guys turn on Solo, with Fatu taking the lead until the Rock returns, so you have those four with Hikuleo coming in to join them. Then Solo goes back to his brothers and Roman, and Zayn joins them to get it to five-on-five, old Bloodine vs. new Bloodline.

11. nietsroob17

Caught up on the DVR and watched the Bio on the Steiners. Nothing earth-shattering, but it was fine enough.

Didn't know Scott basically wrestled with one good foot at the end of WCW and through his WWE run. Touched briefly on Scott's "questionable" growth to begin the Big Poppa Pump era, and his hatred of WWE after leaving the company and up until the HOF induction.

Needless to say, they stop short of Rick's opinions on Gisele Shaw.

Meanwhile, enjoy this photo from our archives of Rick and his three boys -- including a 12-year-old Bron Breakker.

353812607_10108848942774871_3596347932927607301_n.jpg

12. nietsroob17

Would love to get some appearances out of Haku. Not as a wrestler, but even at 65 years old, he's more intimidating than half the active roster. Or, if he can take a bump, let Rikishi come in on the side of good and get beaten down by Solo and the new breed.

JRoyal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted