1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Mitch Hedburg was apparently very, very wrong about this.

UPChip, bigpern23 and Spartan Squad like this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Boy, people are mad angry about this. And the guy whose company paid for the promo is in the comments telling them how awesome it’s been for him:

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm a bit puzzled that the main Detroit media outlets haven't jumped on this, considering the tweet is out there and all. But it's all been "away on a personal matter."

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I suppose if there's no LE involvement, a lawsuit awaits. Or not.

There's a post out there from a woman claiming she was raped by a Tulane football player and that then-HC Willie Fritz and then-AD Troy Dannen covered it up. Fritz is now at Houston, and Dannen is at Nebraska after spending less than a year at Washington where he allowed a football player accused of rape to play in a bowl game.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Seattle used 13 position players today. One was hitting higher than .255. That guy (Raley) was hitting .261.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

And had to use Luis Castillo to bat -- and utilize three pinch-hitters for pitchers the rest of the way -- when catcher Mitch Garver left w/an injury after the third, which forced DH Cal Raleigh behind the plate. Our cousin was at the game and marveled in a family chat how cool it was seeing a pitcher bat in an AL park. I wrote back that at least Castillo started out in the NL. After Castillo struck out looking at all three pitches, he wrote back "He, uhh, doesn't have the skill any more lol."

dixiehack and Batman like this.
  7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I heard one of the Seattle radio announcers say the Mariners, as a team, are hitting a league-worst .218. Ugh.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fine debut for James Wood.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

If Wood is the real deal, the Nationals have done as well as humanly possible considering they traded a future Hall of Famer at 23 years old. Abrams is a star and Gore looks like a no. 2 or maybe even a no. 1.

three_bags_full likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

At least Julio Rodriguez is a threat to catch fire and start mashing. The SFG have no such candidate; a $30M DH who is somehow batting leadoff with an OBA of .280. One, 1! guy with any upward trajectory promise, Heliot Ramos. (C Patrick Bailey is a future All-Star/gold glover and decent hitter but he's not a masher.)

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

And on our first Nats game!

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

He certainly has a beautiful swing. And wheels to boot.

Wish I'd caught him when he came through town. That's how I first saw Vlady Sr., Strasburg, and Harper.

Draft saved Draft deleted