1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SCOTUS thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And now the left hates it and is entirely against it and is having the same reactions the right used to. So are things cyclical (the way I like to look at it), or do we need to blow the whole system up because one side isn't getting its way all the time like it's used to?

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Batman, write another pimping on the side story and leave this one alone.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Remind me of when the damned libruhls got their way all the time. At what point in U.S. history did that occur?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

See, this is why I don't write on the politics thread. I get sucked into the whirlpool and have a hard time swimming against it. It's exhausting.

FileNotFound and Liut like this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Maybe the solution is an even number of justices. That way if it's 4-4 or 5-5 they have to horse trade like Senators used to do and we get a more even outcome.

Liut likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Under this ruling, Nixon could have told the Attorney General and the FBI to drop the case, shrugged his shoulders, and stayed in office.

Tarheel316 and Liut like this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Black people got to vote and go to school with white kids. Fucking activist judges.

8. Twirling Time

There's only one thing left to do.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Water. How does it work?

11. Twirling Time

I think SCOTUS shot themselves in the foot here by delaying it. They overthought themselves in the process of saving Stinky's bacon. They weren't playing chess after all.

They could've come out with this ruling in February or March and possibly have nipped all pending trials in the bud (including the NY state trial, which hung on a fed felony tip) while issuing it with enough time to fade the heat and give the anger time to dissipate.

Instead, this ruling will be squarely on the ballot right alongside abortion.

garrow likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They'll toss the whole case next week. Fatfuck has infinite immunity for everything.

Draft saved Draft deleted