1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What if his bones were weakened by breathing toxic fumes from a burn pit in Baghdad and he didn't know it until then?

HanSenSE and Liut like this.
  2. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

He wasn’t president at the time those felonies were committed, so there really shouldn’t be an issue here, but … whatever. The coup has long since happened.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Pretty much every tv commercial that offers class action lawsuits from military service … that’s me.
    Ship yards
    Lagging
    Mesothelioma
    Exposure to AFFF
    Ear plugs

Shall I continue?

Liut likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Trump sentencing now Sept. 18.

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Driftwood, what is the earplugs one? I like to use them while reading and writing.

6. Driftwood

Those little yellow roll up ones are pretty good for for reading and writing but not so much for the boiler room of a ship or up close to things that go boom.

Liut likes this.
  7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that when you guys and gals signed up, part of the deal was lifetime medical care through the VA. Am I wrong?
    FWIW, the last year of my stepfather's life, I was taking him to clinics and then my state's VA hospital. For some reason, he had to cut through some red tape to get his care but when he eventually did, those VA doctors and nurses gave him the best treatment and care they could.

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

LOL! Sorry ... couldn't help it.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Unless I'm reading your post as wrongly as mine often get read around here, it sounds like something that happened during military duties.

Which should make him entitled to every damn thing he's getting.

I asked an innocuous question. I have received some pretty good answers. Thank you all for those. The side order of insults and innuendos are uncalled for, though.

10. Driftwood

No, you don’t get the gold package unless you retire. Otherwise it’s a case by case basis. If you were combat wounded (I wasn’t) or received a service related injury, you are pretty well covered.

Liut likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone who looks at Trumps actions in any of the various proceedings against him really would have a hard time convincing me that any of them were his core duties as President. And if any person has used up ANY "presumption" of acting in the nation's interest, it is Trump. My goodness. Would have been a good time for SCOTUS to pull one of those -"Now this ruling is for the future, and CANNOT and WILL NOT impact any proceedings already underway."

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted