1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

32-TEAM ONLINE DYNASTY FOR 30 SEASONS IN THE NEW COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME! LET'S FUCKING GO!!!!!!!!!

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Very excited for the college football game. I wanted to buy MLB The Show this year but I simply don't have time for multiple sports games, so I'm throwing all my energy toward NCAA Football 25.

Tiding it over, though, with Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, which has been excellent so far. An open-world game with the same mechanics and story of the FFVII remake has been really fun.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Is it cross platform? Would love to get the old online dynasty revived here.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I'm worried I'll suck now, though. I picked up Madden a couple years ago on a lark and the results were ... not good.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've played one online game I didn't suck at (Friday the 13th). And even that one I was probably an A- on my best day. There were still plenty of people I ran across who would run circles around me no matter what I did.
    Every shooter, every sports game, every fighting game I've ever played I do really well in the single player and get my lunch handed to me the minute I step online. I can never figure it out. Aren't there any mediocre players in lobbies somewhere? Why are they all freaks with the reflexes of a fighter pilot?

6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I went like 10 years between generations -- PS2-PS3 -- and when I finally got back in the game I couldn't wait to play sports games again. I had a wii in there, and they tried their hand at a really bad Madden and I actually liked Tiger Woods a lot on there, but it overall wasn't the same. The main reason I really started gaming in the first place were sports games.

And I finally got that new Madden and NHL and man, I just didn't like them at all. I really haven't played a sports game since and I have updated all my consoles fairly on time too. I do like FIFA and have the last one.

My sports kid loves Madden and the Show, though, so we still have updates. I am going to get College Football and maybe even give it a go, but it will be for him in the end.

The extent of my online play is Rocket League, which I love to death, but I turned off chat and only play singles. I just can't stand other people! It also keeps you on skill level so that is nice.

Batman likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

NHL 24 is one of the free PS Plus games for July. I'll probably download it and add it to the stack of games I haven't played.

I really liked the online in Friday the 13th. There were a ton of different ways you could play it, and when you got a good group with mics it was a helluva fun time. It was also more like a sports game, in that no two rounds were exactly the same. It's a shame that it's in its final days.

8. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Turns out the 12 year olds figured out efficient offense before 3/4 of the league.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

There was a kind of weird video game moment in the 1990s and 2000s where you could dominate games by using advanced stats. Like I remember open 3s and layups just wrecking NBA Live, and Baseball Mogul's stat engine was accurate but the trading was still based on real life. You could populate your lineup with all .400+ OBP guys by signing and trading guys with superficial counting stats.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted