1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’m not ready for heel Hangman.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm going to expand on what Bischoff said after Forbidden Door: The Young Bucks absolutely need to hit the gym, but Jericho does as well -- probably more.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

Neither is heel Hangman.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Britt cooked Banks. She’s come a long way and Sasha hasn’t evolved on the mic at all in 7 years. Wild to see.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So Hangman beats Jarrett after those emotional promos by Jeff, and goes on to face Jay White in … Memphis. Where Jarrett has been the No. 2 guy to Lawler for nearly 40 years.

What kind of dumb booking is this? The storyline just writes itself. Jarrett goes in, wins in his semi-hometown in another emotional match and then loses in the final.

JimmyHoward33 and nietsroob17 like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Jarrett shows up to El Kabong Hangman?

7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I don't think there was any doubt Hangman was coming back heel. He had already become the distinct heel at the tail end of the run with Swerve.

Now, I'm sure Page will be the fifth man for the Elite in Blood & Guts and get his shot against Swerve thanks to his buddies.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

Britt wasn't great, but she's better than Mone. (Banks? Who?) That said, the production felt ... off, somehow.

9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

What is the purpose of putting Swerve over in this “See hes not a transitional champion!!” football spike and then having him NOT on the show. For fux sakes with these guys sometimes.

10. Inky_Wretch

Daniel Garcia channels Joey Ryan with the cock of power.

11. Baron Scicluna

And MJF is a heel again.

12. Baron Scicluna

That would work.

Draft saved Draft deleted