1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If you would have told me Baltimore won the series in Seattle but lost the game Burnes started, I’d be stunned. Not his fault today, of course, an interesting scenario. Also, with the new ownership pledging to spend money, why is it a foregone conclusion that Burnes will go elsewhere? Rubenstein will pay him, I get the Boras part of it, but still …

tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I just have a laser focus on Garrett Crochet right now.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

No.
    One of these will happen in the next year:
    1) He will be shut down because innings.
    2) He will blow out his elbow.

And you will have given away multiple real prospects for him.
    Now if they want to include that fucking Trumpist Keegan Akin in a deal instead of a real prospect, we can talk.

4. tapintoamerica

If we must lose, let Keegan Akin be to blame.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Keegan Akin, to me, does not belong on that roster. And he never really did.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You need help. It's baseball. I don't give any fucks about the political leanings of the players on my team. You're actively rooting against an Orioles player because he may or may not be a Trump guy. Goddamn man, get a fucking grip.

Do we know how: Gunnar votes? Do we know how Adley votes? Do we know how Santander votes? JFC dude.

8. tapintoamerica

I suspect 90% of MLB players are voting for Trump. You want to vote for Trump? Ok. Keep it to yourself. Above all, can you refrain from liking a social media post peppered with the full version of the n-word? That’s kind of a tell that goes beyond partisanship and provides insight into character. Akin did that a few years ago.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

ugh. fair.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I must once again ask what the actual fuck are the Rangers wearing?

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I must once again ask why the fuck you're letting politics rule everything you see.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If I had to guess, the vast majority of pro athletes don’t think a lot about politics.

I don’t think much has changed since the incident mentioned in “Ball Four,” when Jim Bouton offers Joe Schultz the front section of the newspaper. “I never read that part.”

Draft saved Draft deleted