1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw the CMA's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Nov 13, 2020.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Pop artists have finally come for country music like they came for pretty much every other genre, which isn't surprising after even absolute dog shit like Jason Aldean and that random ginger dude who may or may not be an industry plant topped the charts. Post Malone doing a country album with a Blake Shelton track certainly seems like it'll test the audience's patience for this, but I imagine the "fuck this" motion for the audience will come after that.

2. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

He did a weird article mentioning Travis as “the one who has intercourse with Taylor Swift” about 5 times. He’s weird about women - and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Chris Stapleton and Willie get their props from the Kelces.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I have no idea who “Trigger” is or if he wrote the article (no byline) but he had this in the comments:

The overall tone of the article is that country today is better than it gets credit for, but the genre will have to live in purgatory for a while after the absolute shit it churned out for the last decade or so. See also, the domestic automobile industry.

5. DanOregon

My biggest problem - as I've stated previously - is the inane lyrics of "today's country music." The music is still good - but the stuff people sing about? I don't believe a word of it. Its pandering nonsense written by someone sitting on a leather couch sipping a Starbucks.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hoping for the best, but please remember that Willie is 91.

Also, buy his new album. It's damn good.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

If you listen to FM radio, then you think the country bros are still going strong.

If you pay attention to what's coming out of Nashville these days, something else is going on. What if I told you that '90s country is making its long-awaited comeback?

I believe that I have everything released by every artist in this video, which feels damn weird to say considering that in 2014 I absolutely gave up on country music for a while.

FileNotFound likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Although I liked most of it, it's funny to say "90s country is making a comeback" because that's when it stopped being country.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Awww, bye-bye, baby.
    We gone take this white trash on down the road

10. DanOregon

I blame a lot of it on 9/11. The Chicks said what they said, others loaded up with patriotic BS and people stopped being honest.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Agrees with you and wants his career back.

[​IMG]

Driftwood likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Although I do like some Kenny Chesney songs and he is a homeboy in many ways, She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy was the beginning of the end for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted