1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 NBA offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Jun 19, 2024.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see the Blazers were over the limit heading into the off-season, which surprised me given their roster. I do still wonder what happens to the "tax money" paid to the league? Is it redistributed to the teams equally?

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I believe it is half to the league and half to the teams which don’t pay the tax in equal shares.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

If someone can explain what the Bulls are doing.....

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don’t even have a bluff on this one.

Off the top of my head, no looking at the roster, I can name four Bulls. They are desperately trying to trade one of them, and the other three are point guards.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

As only they can, the Sixers traded two players and three picks for Hield, and then sign-and-trade him for one pick four months later.

sgreenwell and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

As if Jalen Brunson wasn't already on his way to being an all-time beloved Knick. Signs four-year extension and leaves $113M on the table for roster flexibility.

Obviously he’s still making an assload of money. But you don’t see that too often these days.

franticscribe likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Coaches challenges in summer league? JFC

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wait, are you actually watching summer league? I think that’s the bigger crime here

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I saw 30 seconds while picking up a to-go order. Maybe the mark of Cain will wash off me yet.

Spartan Squad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted