1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Stinky said it himself: I love the uneducated.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not a chance. If Harris is the nominee, they are going to need an old white dude to calm the never-Trumpers.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The current uproar seems to be over papers calling for Biden to step aside because he's old - without having asked the same of convicted felon / insurrectionist Trump.

That said, the efficacy of any editorial anywhere is infinitely debatable.

But the ethical charter on which the news business is built requires us to raise the alarm when necessary - even if we can't guarantee folks will hear it or heed it.

gingerbread and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is where most people are and it is the most reasonable place. And it’s where many Democrats should be soon.

It’s simply time to prepare Kamala, play up her strengths, and zero in on Trump’s age once she’s the candidate.

franticscribe likes this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys. These reflect a post I have been trying to compose in my mind to hit my Trumper friend(s) with. If I do it, I have to be concise and clear. I know I will be in for a battle with one guy because he won't back down even though he professes to be committed to justice and the constitution.

gingerbread likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

It's been a loooong time since the GOP had nominated someone I would be mildly okay with winning. But the stakes are just too high to ignore big orange baby.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No, He doesn’t care. But it shapes a narrative. And the narrative about Biden is largely coming from sources that should be asking the same questions of Trump.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump would ignore it. More than that, I think that the news outlets fear the aftermath. Trump calling them out by name for his supporters to go after, local Republicans seeking vengeance, all the rest. And if Trump gets elected again, Trump using the government systems for retribution.

In theory it sounds like a reasonable thing to ask, that there be equal coverage of Trump's myriad faults and warts. Real world, it ain't gonna happen.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Sorry. I confused them. Heritage Foundation is what I meant. They’re both so odious.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He thinks it's close?

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I go back and forth on this.
    Biden’s unfit. Therefore he must be replaced. He must also be replaced for practical, electoral reasons.
    Biden’s unfit but still the candidate with the best chance to win.
    Both seem plausible. And terrifying.

gingerbread and franticscribe like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted