1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

you might be right ... besides, I'm having second thoughts ...

Corporate America media is ignorning all the rhinoceros shit coming out of Trump's camp.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I’m sorry for your loss. My condolences.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Better make it six

[​IMG]

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’m sorry for your loss, Starman.
    I’ve watched my family get into Facebook arguments that look like the fucking Royale Rumble over this asshead. And for what? A guy who doesn’t love you back?

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If an offense averaged 220 yards per game in 2020, and averaged 390 yards per game in 2023, would that be better than averaging 410 yards in 2019?

Of course there's an incredible three-year growth. It came after COVID.

This part of the Twitter thread even underlines it.

x.com

On the jobs front, it’s rural areas leading the pack. From 2016-2019, rural left-behind areas created a net 10k jobs. In 2023 alone, they added 104k. In total, these rural areas have almost fully recovered to pre-COVID employment levels.

A snail as president could have claimed these job numbers. Trump could have sat on his toilet for three years and this would've happened - and he'd have taken credit for it, and the media would have fact-checked him for it.

Why are people surprised old jobs from five years ago came back?

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is what we have to look forward to if Trump wins again -- such blind, stupid, mind-altered wackos, still believing in the "rigged" election. They really are nuts.

MSN

7. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

A second Trump term will result in a melding of theocracy, plutocracy and kakistocracy.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The insufferable arrogance of SCOTUS. Applies to their abuse of history too.

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Is it bad for Biden? I would submit that maybe the fact that the president of the United States hasn't been in any condition to effectively communicate this or visit these places over the last 12 months might be bad for Biden. It's not the job of news media to promote his accomplishments effectively. It's his job. He's no longer capable of doing it and needs to move aside for someone who can (or at this point can at the very least do it better than he can).

Alma likes this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

This guy sounds like a lot of fun

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The best people

matt_garth likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is there THAT much difference between why the two parties political leadership is "supporting" their nominees? The weird thing is, while I do think Trump does HAVE the support of his base, the prime motivator for Biden's support is uncertainty that another option will be successful, mixed in with uncertainty of their future political career if he holds on and wins.
    Though it does seem like Biden is in political quicksand, the harder he fights, the weaker he looks.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted