1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Your wife must like arguing :D

jr/shotglass likes this.
  2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I've been rewatching Modern Family. It's interesting how our perspective can change watching a few episodes at a time without breaks as opposed to how networks shows are aired originally.

I remember thinking Cam was a lovable, goofy character but on the rewatch I see him as a selfish a-hole who pouts then bullies if he doesn't get his way.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Modern Family sounds like an intriguing rewatch. On deck right now are Derry Girls and Moone Boy.
    Mostly keeping it light here, so as much as I enjoyed the first two seasons of The Bear, gonna put off 3 for a while.

Season 7 of Black Mirror will air here in 2025, so I may rewatch the first six later on as well.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Derry Girls is a fun show — high school girls (and one put-upon boy) going through the universal teenage drama while Northern Ireland goes through quite a few political changes. As someone who was in his 20s in the 1990s, they get most of the pop culture references right.

Being the age of the adults in the show now, they were some of my favorite characters. Especially the Catholic school principal!

Scout, OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Derry Girls is such a great show.

Scout, I Should Coco and OscarMadison like this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As a couple, they just seemed to hate each other.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Saw this today on a list of beloved fictional couples who actually sucked

upload_2024-7-9_11-21-26.png

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Maybe he is just living off the Modern Family money -- he made nine million for the 11th alone and final season plus residuals. And I'm sure he got a nice chunk for the two Secret Life of Pets movies

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not knowing where else to put this, so ...

Gutter, garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’ve owned it on VHS, DVD and now digitally. And I’ll still probably watch it on Netflix.

Speaking of Micheal Keaton, recently I did a hunt for Johnny Dangerously. Not streaming anywhere. Can’t rent or buy. And this makes me upset at those responsible.

Bastages. Fargin iceholes. This is fargin war.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted