1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Biden and the White House have been doing that, but the national media (looking directly at you, NY Times and CNN) is fixated on the GOP's train wreck.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You forgot kleptocracy, phallocracy, demonocracy. . . .

Shelbyville Manhattan likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I would argue the MSM is seeking Biden's exit, BECAUSE they know the threat Trump poses, not in spite of it. Further, even if Biden holds on and ekes out a win, even if enough people have a sudden moment of clarity with the ballot in their hands, Biden would not enter a second term on a strong footing. Doesn't our country deserve, need, and require strong leadership? This clusterf-ck of a Presidential race is a lot like the realignment that blew up college football - I understand WHY everyone is doing what they are doing, but nobody is asking - is it a GOOD IDEA?

maumann and Alma like this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, you're wrong. And that's it. There's no long-winded explanation why you're wrong other than "you're overthinking it."

You're just wrong.

Fix that.

Fred siegle and HanSenSE like this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Start an ad campaign that says “An aging Joe is still better than a wannabe Don.”

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think he's right and makes a more compelling case than "fix that."

8. DanOregon

Wrong that the media doesn't think Trump is a threat? Wrong that Biden would start a new term on a weak footing? Wrong thinking our country deserves strong leadership? I'm not dismissing anything Biden has done as President, he's been a good one - but being President ages you quickly. And he already had a head start.

9. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

NYT with a bit of egg on its face regarding Biden/Parkinson doctor story, as White House has detailed that the doctor in question has been seeing other White House employees as an expert neurologist, not Biden.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Of course he is. Perfect. Anybody who is that callous must be a Trumpist.

garrow likes this.
  11. DanOregon

The "BEST" people. I don't know which will be worse, Trump filling out his cabinet with cronies and no expertise in the area they are expected to manage or going the entire term with "acting secretaries" to avoid Senate confirmations.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So he’ll corner the Ja Rule fan vote

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted