1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

5 a.m.
    78 degrees
    91% humidity with a 75 dew point
    Feels like 86
    1:05 before sunrise

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Egads. I like to run in the morning, but with that humidity? Yikes.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I just got back from a 5-mile run. It’s 92 degrees, 90 percent humidity, 77 dew point.

I look and feel like I just took a steaming hot shower fully clothed.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I did a laundry yesterday. The clothes I've worn for golf this week were so wet you'd have thought I was taking them out of the washer instead of putting them in.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Second round of our Junior Stroke Play Championship today at a place without a whole lot of shade. Per USGA rules, the kids have to walk. I spent as much time yesterday driving around handing out water as I did taking photos, and I'm guessing it'll be the same today. Predicted real feel of 104 at 2 p.m. when the leaders will be making their way around the last few holes. Even with a smaller field going off both tees, there's no avoiding this heat. Storms rolling in on Thursday evening and expected to last throughout Friday, providing at least a brief respite.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You're going to cost a kid a scholarship because he's going to have to pee and it will affect his putting!

maumann and Cosmo like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10 a.m. It's 77 degrees and the humidity is 65%. It's like a vacation in the mountains!

I'm gonna go mow the yard.

I don't want to overstate it, it will still hit 94 or so before it's over - but it feels great outside.

Batman likes this.
  8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And the acting governor didn't request Federal aid until yesterday - when he could have done it before the hurricane even made landfall.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And then accused Biden of lying when the President rightly pointed out that he can't send Federal aid until it's formally requested.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Maybe one day Texas will elect a Democratic governor so the GOP-dominated ledge can finally get off its duff and approve a term limit referendum. They've had exactly three governors in 30 years (and one of them left when he was elected president).

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

5:30 a.m.
    80 degrees
    91% humidity

Draft saved Draft deleted