1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Replacing Devers. Damn right.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

If you believe the Artie Lange monologue I wouldn't be surprised if Bob had a request of his own.

Michael_ Gee and Gutter like this.
  3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Well played.

4. jr/shotglass

Some people think this guy is the next coming. I have my doubts. But great tweet.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How do the Cubs suck? They have 3 legit starting pitchers. They’re going to sweep the Orioles. I don’t get it.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

Same thought. In fact, there's a hell of a lot of solid starting pitching in the entire city of Chicago for as bad as they BOTH are.

7. tapintoamerica

Baseball is odd. The O’s are really good. This is justice. It’s the way the world should be. Yet they will be swept by the Cubs and the Cardinals, both of which are mediocre to bad teams.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Our bullpen sucks, and o player was hitting north of .265 before tonight.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Blake Snell showing potential trade suitors he’s worth a phone call

10. tapintoamerica

Not yet. This is his first decent performance of the season. His ERA is now 7.85.
    But he is worth paying attention to. Here's the question: How many decent starts does he need in order to get a shot with a contender? (To put it another way, where is the bar?)

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Trade deadline is July 30 which means he could get up to 5 more starts. If he’s throwing 5 to 6 innings and keeping the runs down like he did tonight, maybe he gets consideration after two more? Shows he’s healthy and tonight wasn’t a fluke.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m wondering if the Guardians would be bold enough to put Condon or Bazzana in the big league line-up by season’s end. It would be wild to see the No. 1 pick in the playoffs the same year.

Draft saved Draft deleted