1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Why I appreciate this board: The history nerds means I’m usually going to learn something.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thanks, inflation!

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If you ever thought it wasn't a coordinated effort, take a look at some of Rupert's foreign rags. They are full of anti-Biden bullshit. What do they have to do with it? I'm pretty sure those counties have plenty of domestic news to cover rather than dragging any POTUS through the mud. The same can be said for their pro Trump coverage during his trials.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You can only kick a guy for so long before people in the middle who barely care get tired of it and start sympathizing with him and take his side.
    Just a reminder that this is now day 13 of this.
    Over a debate in which he looked old.
    Didn't pass out. Didn't piss or shit himself. Didn't ask "who are you and where's Janice?" Didn't repeat the same story four times.
    He looked old.
    Day thirteen.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Pretty much what I've been thinking. This feeding frenzy is starting to look ridiculous, in the face of all the shit trump has said/is saying/plans to do. Any sort of balanced coverage is missing. Completely. Frankly it's fucking embarrassing.

I'm going to support the dem candidate. If there's a change, so be it. But it can't wait too much longer. And I think there will be significant backlash to nullifying primary votes. Being handed a candidate doesn't sit well with many people. There's also the issue of what happens to all the money and infrastructure.

Not to mention the fact of how hard the trumplicans will try to keep another candidate off the ballot. They've already tried with Biden for fuck's sake.

The "oh, let's just get someone new" crowd is really discounting how difficult that would be to pull off.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This is what 25 years of covering this stuff like sports has done; these dopes think this is like firing Doc Rivers in the middle of the season.

gingerbread, HanSenSE, garrow and 6 others like this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Can't like this enough. Been saying a similar version of it for years. The product of profit-driven corporate media. And it's a very, very bad thing.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I stand partially corrected, though I probably should have just added more modifiers to cover this case and LBJ and say "a President who has not already won re-election once..."

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I am mentally exhausted by all of it, and I'd love to return to a time when it doesn't dominate our lives.

10. Deskgrunt50

I've got one foot out the door to a world of not giving a fuck. The idea that this is where we are after 2016-2020, and then Jan. 6, is exhausting and depressing. I really don't care if it's another candidate or it's actually Weekend at Bernie's with Biden (it's not). The fact that a convicted felon, insurrectionist, conman and sexual assaulter is a viable candidate is more than I need to know about where we are as a country. And it ain't good.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Biden leaves the ticket he will be replaced by Kamala Harris. That's all there is to it.

franticscribe likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Which if that's the case, so be it. She is absolutely the ONLY option if there's a change.

I'm guessing if there are major issues with Biden's performance at this press conference on Thursday, that will be the final straw (totally guessing on that though).

Also, condolences to you.

Draft saved Draft deleted