1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That won't go anywhere in the House, although it will cause some talk. Senators Whitehouse and Wyden have called for a Special Prosecutor to look at Alito and Thomas. The problem there is that the AG would have to agree and appoint one, so that's probably going nowhere as well.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I do think Kamala will rise to the challenge one day, as her speech yesterday showed.

But 2024 is not the time.

Past time for the Dem high-muckety-mucks, pooh-bahs and head cheeses to kindly STFU and be with Joe like Senate Leader Schumer.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

In fact, Biden now has the power to send messages by pulling DNC funding for the negative nabobs in the party. Just threatening to do so should mostly send them to their knees in a puddle. Official act!

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Dude running for gov just ran an ad where he said "we cling to guns, not government."

Dear god.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Part of it is my own personal hell of my wife having never met a dead horse she won't beat into shoe leather. "Do you want to know what Trump has done now?" "Unless it's die, no."
    I keep telling her that we are hitting retirement age. We are well off, in good health, and don't have children. I obviously want to leave a better world for my great nieces and nephews and all Americans, but I can't do it for them. I have fought the good fight. I have kept the faith. At some point, I should be allowed to just enjoy the sunrise.
    Clearly I post here. Yesterday, I took my aged mother to a Revolutionary War battlefield nation park. We had a great day. This thread had advanced about a dozen pages in my absence. I knew there was no breaking news, so I just clicked to the end. I was ok with that.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

My only cause is victory.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, if this was a House or Senate race, I doubt the party would still be throwing money into a campaign after Biden's recent performance if there were other more winnable races.

Regarding the House GOP calling for an investigation into Biden's health, I'd love to see a bill waiving HIPPA with regard to House, Senate and the President, SCOTUS too. The public should be entitled to get a full picture of everyone's health. Accurate weights too!
    Has Biden's doc even done a presser or at least released a full report?

I'm guessing every Dem in DC wishes he would step aside. Most are just publicly expressing support to cover their bases.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The difference between one race of national impertinence with a guy who’s done the job well vs 33 or 435 races. And if the margins are close enough where you can’t jettison one to maintain s as majority, they aren’t cutting ties.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Of course not, particularly because Biden is bringing in most of the money and he controls the spending.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Fatfuck takes power, some (maybe many) journalists will be going to prison. He's said so many times. So I suppose it's tempting to try to get on his good side.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
  12. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I'm saddened. Really, this whole thing, ultimately, is so sad. I know we've had scoundrels before, dark times before, horrible times of war and more, but the discourse the rest of my life is going to be like this, and quite possibly, worse.

The rest of my life.

I'm with others here. I'm very close to giving up caring about any of it.

All of it is sad, from every angle.

Draft saved Draft deleted