1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

But he's loud, confident and doesn't stutter when he betrays us!

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

To wit, the top four stories on WP.com again are about trying to get Biden to step down.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-is-master-all-he-surveys-russians-head-polls-2024-03-15/

Saddam scores 100% in leadership ballot

Hitler Endorsed by 9 to 1 in Poll on his Dictatorship, but Opposition Is Doubled

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...-its-fine-for-trump-to-be-dictator-for-a-day/

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A survey that shows extreme disatisfaction (like one showing low approval ratings for a president) is going always going to be more pure by its very nature. It requires a place where there is freedom and choice and people who can express what they think. You never see disatisfaction in an autocracy. What you get from dictatorships or autocracies is, "Everyone loves the strongman!"

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is a good explainer on the tax proposals of Project 2025:

MSN

7. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And thus the problem with reaching the average voter comes into focus.

Liut and Neutral Corner like this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

No. Everyone needs to read this. ^^^
    “Trump wants you to pay more in taxes. It’s right there in black and white.”

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The R's are pushing laws to require showing proof of citizenship to vote. There is absolutely no evidence of more thn just a handful of illegal immigrants voting, but it sounds plausible enough if you don't think about it. I mean, if you're an illegal, why on earth would you do something illegal which requires you to sign your name to federal documentation and doing which offers you no financial gain?

On top of which, I imagine that there are quite a number of people who, like me, don't have a passport and have no clue where their birth certificate is. My ID is a state driver's license. If that's not enough, I can't vote. Fuck the GOP and their putting up barriers to voting.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Now, you know that his base is going to stop reading the first time they get to a three-syllable word. (But it is compelling.)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2024
    OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted