1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Joe Biden 10 years ago would have challenged every single person there to an arm wrestling match to put an end to this.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"I took a cognitive test not administered by a drunken alcoholic"

3. Starman

What does he have to say to get off this stage??

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And a zinger to end it.

5. Starman

That wasn't bad, but the preceding hour was rough.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Cripes, he could have come out with "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" like Ali in his heyday and some wouldn't be happy.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

You know, we all say the same thing: Now do Trump. Why isn't anyone saying Trump shouldn't run? Why won't Republicans get rid of loser Trump?

Know why? It's BECAUSE he's a fucking idiot. He's a stooge, and he's their stooge. They'll get EVERYTHING they want with him, and none of the blame because, hey, Trump's a bad guy!

But they get to change the country to their vision because they have the perfect useful idiot.

Just like Putin.

It's as simple as that. He'll make them rich and keep power. Done and done. No more questions asked.

franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Jim Hines put out a statement right after the press conference, calling for Biden to step aside. That's a Congressman with a bit more sway than some of the ones that have already defected.

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

It is what it is. I don't understand 'working' beyond a certain age, just cannot get it.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'm certainly not saying that. What I want to hear from the Gotta Change group is a plan. How would it work? How will the money work? How will the field offices work? How will the conventions work? How will the ballot lawsuits work? How will Biden-or-bust voters be convinced? And who will the candidate be?

There are a lot of damn questions. It's pretty easy to say "we gotta change" without an actual plan.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted