1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He resigns. Not just the race, but the presidency. Hell make up a fake tumor and then go surfing in Bali with Elvis for all I care. But turn over the car keys.

The Democrats would have to have an emergency primary limited to delegates, but with the first female president now serving, it isn’t hard to imagine her running the table. Then they nominate her at the convention and put her name on all the ballots.

In a worst case scenario where states won’t make the switch, Biden would still remain on the ballot, or at the very least the Democratic line would in some form. This is where technically voting on electors may actually save the party’s ass for once, because they would still be in place.

maumann likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Something tells me these statements were prepared before the newser even started.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, "President Putin" and "Vice President Trump" are a little rough to have in the same day.

maumann likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If he resigned the Presidency, President Harris would be nominated by acclimation at the convention. No primaries, that's a pipe dream. One thing that gripes me about the Replace Biden Congresspeople is that they had their chance to do so fair and square in the primaries, and they didn't utter a peep. The one who did, Dean Phillips, got smoked. It's telling how none of them say "Biden can't be President anymore, he must resign." They know he can do the job, they're just afraid he can't win. Well, that was an argument for February, gang. Little late now.

5. dixiehack

Weirdly enough, the Draft Kamala people may actually want to postpone things another week so nobody misses whatever grotesque carnival the GOP puts on in Milwaukee.

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Throughout this primary season? Any time before today? At the level Biden is getting it? No. And yet Dems are just supposed kowtow to it?

This is but her emails on steroids

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, in February Biden was coming off his snap-crackling performance at the SOTU.

Then he went and dumped the massive turd at the debate. Tonight he needed something as sharp or sharper than the SOTU.

He didn't deliver it. Overall tonight I'd grade him at a gentleman's C-plus; passing, but not much better.

He needed a line-drive double off the left field wall. Instead he scuffed a slow roller down the line and beat out the throw.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Biden should Tweet out "WITCH HUNT!"

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Someone should have asked Joe if he would be willing to step aside for a Harris-Manchin ticket.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I swear I saw I commercial for CNN's convention coverage with a clip of CFTFG saying "I love Milwaukee," which we know not to be the case.

11. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

This is where I am. He was better than I thought, and he quelled some concerns I had about him actually being able to do the job for the rest of his term, but he's still not viable to finish the campaign. Not with what's at stake.

It's appalling that Trump is getting a pass for his cognitive deficiencies and complete moral and ethical unfitness, but politics isn't fair.

12. dixiehack

IMG_5843.jpeg

Also, and I can’t stress this enough, fuck Joe Manchin.

Draft saved Draft deleted