1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Seconded. Enough with this Manchin bullshit.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's not about him getting to November. It's about him getting to November 2028. Which he can't do. Trump can't make it there either. McDonald's eating motherfucker. Get both of these geriatric fucks out of the race.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Christ, some of the you need a sarcasm detector.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It’s all bullshit. Yeah Biden should have gracefully stepped aside a year ago. He didn’t, we’re here. Harris can do the job and Dems would be idiots to abandon her. Just like Dems are idiots for entertaining this in July of the election year.

But here we are with wishcasting, doom posting and just being dumb. Manchin is persona non grata

Neutral Corner and HanSenSE like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter. I like saying fuck Joe Manchin. Helps the digestion.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Can he make it to Jan. 2027? At that point, he can step aside and Harris can run twice.

Twirling Time likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Can he? Who knows?

I only started giving a shit about politics when I was in high school, which was 1990-93. I don't remember being on edge about our system until this year. Maybe 2020, but that was a shock. I want to check out but I can't.

garrow likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's the way things have been for the past two weeks. Just enough to keep the benign wolves at bay. I didn't watch -- I couldn't bear to watch -- but I thought he had to be out when he referred to a "Vice President Trump." But then he is said to have gotten "better," which is exactly what the Trumpists want. Just good enough that he has plausible cover to stay.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I didn’t watch the debate and haven’t watched any clips of it. But after watching tonight, it’s clear he should step aside.

Harris/Whitmer, it is.

Cosmo likes this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If he does manage to win, he owes it to the country to put Harris front and center early in the next term. He'll be the oldest POTUS in history if he gets to that point, won't he?

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

People in power are loath to give it up. Which is why we have so many old fuckers in high levels of government, and even behind the mic on MLB and NFL games. People just don't know when to gracefully step aside. The fact that someone born immediately after WWII could be president in 2027 is ridiculous.

Draft saved Draft deleted