1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Just like statements claiming victory in debates: written days in advance.

2. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

He wasn't born immediately after WWII. He was born almost 3 years before it ended.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I like Biden a lot and think he's done a very good job as President. Still, I've had concerns about his age for the past year or more.

And in this case, it's not just that he messed up names.

It's the level of the mistakes. Calling Trump "Vice President," and calling Zelensky "President Putin" (OMG, of all things! That's next-level uugggh...) is really bad.

I can buy that the errors occurred in the moment, and under pressure, and I know Biden knows Trump isn't (and never was) Vice President, and he certainly knows (and loves) who Zelensky is. But that makes the mistakes even worse.

And, of course, the most important thing: The Democrats must win this election.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2024
    maumann and Cosmo like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

GOP can't run electrical grid in a state. Also GOP: give us nukes.

OscarMadison and tapintoamerica like this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I just say that because if he can last two years, Harris can serve 10 years rather than finishing his term and only running once.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If he gets to Jan. 21, 2027, right?

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Himes on CNN whining about the world he created. Had his own party said nothing to the media publicly two weeks ago, we aren't here. But this is why Democrats are just goddamned losers eternally.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He is breaking that record every day. Reagan ended his second term at 77.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes. And it's assuming Harris can win.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And yet, if Trump wins, he'll be the oldest person to ever take the oath.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Under the premise where 2029 is in doubt

edit: MileHigh answered your actual question, sorry

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Love this post so much, which is why I'm quoting it.

I don't believe most in America -- outside of the wackos -- actually want Trump in office. I swear to God, I'm probably way more republican than democratic in how I feel about things. But not for this fucking guy. And more and more of the folks that are Fox News people, are also saying the same shit. It's too early. And both of these guys could be in completely different shape by October when shit really his the fan...

Draft saved Draft deleted