1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Paul Skenes taken out of two no-hitters in the seventh inning or later … and it’s just normal?

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

See, I throw shade at the Mariners offense and then they go out and win 11-0! Might have bumped the team batting average from .217 to .218.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Great as he seems to be, they are going to protect him. I have no problem with that.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's not 1975, TSP. Guys weren't throwing triple-digit fastballs and coupling it with ridiculous spin rate on their breaking stuff. It's a tremendous strain on the elbow.

What should be condemned are the college and high school coaches who let kids out there for 140 pitches.

tapintoamerica, maumann and UNCGrad like this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I know. It’s not even 2017. It’s normal that the greatest pitching phenom in years could have two no-nos already and there’s barely a peep about it.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I will go to my grave pondering many questions among which will be the allure of the home run derby.

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I talk about the Orioles because they're interesting. I beg the board's pardon, I suppose we should be talking about the Yankees or Dodgers or such.

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

What number do you think Skenes will wear as a Yankee or Dodger?

FileNotFound and Liut like this.
  9. outofplace

Let's hope it isn't the Dodgers, who will find a way to blow out his arm after a month or two.

10. outofplace

Fuck that. Go O's. Go Steelers.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But pitch count!

Crap, except for an inning, maybe two, at the All-Star Game, what are they saving him for?

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago, the anti-Oriole sentiment was anti-Giants sentiment. Of course, the Giants haven't been much to talk about this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted