1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

A judge I’ve been before many times, the Honorable Noel Wise, has been nominated for the US District Court, Northern District of California and is up for confirmation today. She’s a smart, fair judge. The GOP clowns tried to grill her and all they could do was try to bully her by interrupting her responses. They’re clueless. They know nothing about the judiciary, Graham, Hawley, simply idiots.

Spartan Squad, garrow and Driftwood like this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The good news is she'll be nominated if only along party lines. That's how important keeping the Senate is.

garrow and qtlaw like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The Democrats? Talk about starting with an 0-2 count.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Is he withholding answers again because they're in another upcoming book?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It seems all is not above board in this case. The MAGA Secretary of State said the effort was disqualified because petitioners didn’t include information about their paid canvassers. The petitioners said they had. When the alt-weekly filed an FOIA and got 870 pages of documents, they found the paid canvassers form the SoS said wasn’t there.

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/...ary-of-states-rejection-of-abortion-amendment

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Same here, Shawn. Same here.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Stop right there. Don't say anything else.

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I’ll ask again: Let’s say Biden stays in the race and nothing else changes. Which states are flipping from 2020?

HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nobody Fatfuck selects for VP will make any difference whatsoever. The only function is to suck Fatfuck's cock.

My bet it will be Ivanky.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Georgia, easily. No way Biden gets the additional 12,000 people who really don't care about politics but were willing to save democracy in 2020 to rally behind him this fall. I think Kemp is smart enough to stay out of the fray, but the Republican tilt in this state will be just enough to carry Trump.

The best chance the Democrats have is Kamala Harris at the top of the ticket. She could energize reluctant voters in metro Atlanta, where I see the biggest dropoff happening. The northern suburbs are going to be the hot spot, particularly middle-class white women who lean Republican. They gave Biden a pass in 2020 but probably not in 2024. Harris not only would be able to focus on Roe and other gender equity topics, but assure those voters that she'll fight for the consumer. Right now, families are getting hit in the wallet pretty hard, and that's way more important than foreign policy or even D.C. swamp clearing.

Trump's followers are out for revenge. They think Biden is the Devil incarnate. I'm conservately guessing 2.5 million GOP voters will turn out in November . Not all will vote for Trump -- I'm guessing Kennedy will appeal to those who don't like either choice -- but I'm less and less optimistic that the Democrats can galvanize supporters here to get a majority.

Yes, Warnock beat Herschel Walker but by an incredibly narrow margin for an incumbent against an idiot.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
  11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

OK, there’s 16 of the 37 EVs that the GQP needs. From where are the other 21 coming?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Arizona
    Georgia
    Michigan
    Nevada
    Pennsylvania
    Wisconsin
    Nebraska 1st District

Minnesota and New Hampshire would also be in play. Possibly Maine (overall) and Virginia as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted