1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Mister blowhard risin'
    Mister blowhard risin'
    Got to keep on risin'

2muchcoffeeman and I Should Coco like this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Adjusted for next week’s GOP convention in Milwaukee:

Just got into town about an hour ago,
    Picked up some Big Macs, scored me some cheap blow,
    Adult film star in a Wisconsin bungalow,
    Are you a lucky MAGA lady in this city of blight?

garrow and tapintoamerica like this.
  3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Bravo, my friend. Bravo.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

One thing that will happen if we do get Project 2025 implemented is it will look like a trap door opened underneath church membership rolls. I’m not entirely sure the authors mind that, as they are obsessed with the idea of being “set apart.” But at some point you do need enough critical mass to keep the whole thing from falling like a soufflé.

Nothing in American politics turns people against an idea like having the party they put in charge advocate for it.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm shocked! Shocked!!

(That they were able to get FOIA requested information so quickly)

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm hearing a rate cut is expected as early as September. Inflation is down. When does Biden get the "W" for avoiding a recession? I do wish he'd hand it off to Harris though, spend the rest of his term taking a well-earned victory lap.

franticscribe and garrow like this.
  9. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Two weeks of turmoil, and it's possible that the dynamic hasn't really changed in the forecast.

Also, Harris could be more viable than people think.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Harris-Whitmer would be a strong ticket. GOP's true hatred of Blacks, minorities and women would be further exposed.

I really don't think there would be much blowback to Biden dropping out. Dems are gonna vote for whomever, and Harris-Whitmer increases the turnout and wins Michigan and maybe Wisconsin. And it removes Biden's age from the conversation and might actually force the GOP to argue the issues, which they can't win.

Pennsylvania and Virginia are not tossups. Dems killed it in Penn in 2022 and Young Kim has been proven to be the fool people knew he was, in their heart of hearts.

And again, I think the immense amount of hatred many have for Trump is being underestimated. Most sane people are just sick to death of that guy. Now they need to be incentivized to vote.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think that the "Anybody but Trump" vote is more color-blind than people expect.

Folks may not embrace Kamala but she is not infected with the fingernails on the chalkboard kneejerk reaction that Hillary had for so many. She's smart, but she does not come off as smug.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

A guy told me the only acceptable number of illegal immigrants voting is zero and any number is a massive problem. I told him that’s not a valid argument.

Draft saved Draft deleted