1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jan 10, 2024.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere, but The Athletic has a story about how Saban's retirement ultimately affected exactly 423 coaches and staffers as dominoes fell at every level from high school to many D-1s. Great stuff.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So my man Jess Taylor went viral bigtime. Four million views isn't too shabby. He's one of the people that I think of when I talk about how much the band brings to the college game. Screw the damn DJ.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

A guy I know know people in College Station. Finances are involved, paying that huge payout to Jimbo.

There’s a reason A&M allowed a concert and a soccer game on the hallowed surface of Kyle Field.

Liut likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

matt_garth likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Ya think?

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

it’s not just Kyle; it’s all grass at all stadiums when they’re on it. They pulled the same stunt in Pittsburgh in 2002.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Jeff Tedford stepping down at Fresno State. My guess is he just got another bad health diagnosis.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Correct per his statement on Twitter. Tom Skipper interim coach.

10. Neutral Corner

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I think the conferences are cast in stone for the next few years. OSU and WSU might join the MWC full-time with the caveat that the MWC becomes P5 and inherits the Rose Bowl tie-in. Hopefully the tectonic plates will settle for a bit.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the opposite. Between NIL, the travel, the need for dollars, we'll start seeing teams continue their quest for more dollars - "dynamic" revenue sharing (the big boys get more than the little guys in their conferences), significant financial problems are looming.

Draft saved Draft deleted