1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When I saw the highlights, it looked like the relievers were too exhausted to swing at anyone after running all that way. Another great reason to bring back bullpen carts.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This is becoming a real problem now. Rodriguez getting lit up in the top of the first.

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Shades of a baseball version of the Heidi game!

Dodgers and Tigers were on Fox, I believe. Dodgers up 9-4 in the bottom of the ninth when the network switched to the Futures game. Tigers wound up tying the game with a two-out, two-run homer by Colt Keith, then win it in the 10th on a Gio Urshela two-run blast.

That after Shoei Ohtani's 200th career homer.

Liut likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

At the Phillies game and Nick Castellanos, clearly shaken by Dr Ruth’s death, just hit a two run home run.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Watched it on Bally Detroit with Dan Dickerson filling in and Kirk Gibson alongside. Dickerson was understandably juiced.
    FYI, I've enjoyed Dan Petry's work in the booth of late.

maumann likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Recall Game 6 of the 2010 NLCS, when the bullpens of the Giants and Phillies rushed in to join a skirmish on the infield. They had to take turns using the one set of stairs.

dixiehack likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Jon Miller does this sometimes, but, he's Jon Miller. Ernie Harwell would do this on foul balls, but, he was Ernie Harwell. Chris Berman ... need I say more?

maumann likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Pitching is whatever. The Orioles have scored four runs in 4 1/2 games of this homestand. The pitching has no chance.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Two runs in the past four games. Worst four-game offensive stretch since the 1988 team -- yeah, that one -- scored twice over the season's first four outings.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I saw one Home Run Derby in person and it totally reignited my fondness for the event b/c I spent two hours watching baseballs get demolished and never once had to hear Berman.

three_bags_full likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Dammit, Kimbrel ...

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Bad Kimbrel. What a kick in the nuts.

Draft saved Draft deleted