1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pictures are perfectly staged and framed for posters (and memes)

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A guy with dementia planned a political assassination?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

More likely set up by the campaign.

Look, I ain't saying they did that. I'm saying it's more likely than suicide by cop.

Driftwood likes this.
  4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Random thought: There's a couple weekend anchors out there who just stumbled on the biggest day of their career today. CBS's person has done a half-decent job if there's been a little more historical hyperbole than maybe is helpful.

Liut and maumann like this.
  5. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The Secret Service is impressive as all hell.

It was really interesting to see the response. How quick they got there, the tactical team that followed with rifles. Then, "shooter down," and the all clear to get him the fuck out of there. ... to the armored vehicle rather than ambulance most likely because he was walking and they wanted the extra protection. And then how they surrounded the vehicle.

gingerbread, Liut, Webster and 2 others like this.
  7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

My reporter's instincts are quivering like crazy.

1. The former President is safe, according to a Secret Service spokesman. No extent of the injuries mentioned other than what we can see in the photos.
    2. Even if it was a BB or pellet gun, either the projectile/s came from behind or to the left, as indicated by the crowd's reaction. Are there other casualties to give an indication of direction?
    3. The Secret Service is instructed to get the former President immediately on the ground in an active shooting incident. EDIT: Sounds like they did just that.
    4. There are snipers surrounding the perimeter. Was there return fire? Do they have a suspect?

You can get what looks like lots of blood from a relatively minor ear wound. When the neighbor pistol whipped me, he cut me just enough to make me look like Chuck Wepner. I had a brand new polo shirt that I had to throw out because of the stains.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9 days ago ...

Leader of the pro-Trump Project 2025 suggests there will be a new American Revolution

Kevin Roberts said the revolution will be bloodless “if the left allows it to be.”

[​IMG]

They don't want it to be bloodless.

9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Oh fuck off with the conspiratoral bullshit.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or the shooter was down low and firing up and the rounds flew off to the parking lot.

I’m shocked photos from attendees haven’t started circulating on socials yet. If the Secret Service shot an assassin near me, I’m probably getting photos of the aftermath.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

lol "if the left allows it to be" ... uh-huh, sure, conspiratorial.

Draft saved Draft deleted