1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I don't know whether to be sad or exultant that both of these cover my reaction.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Asymmetry and double standards are ruining our country

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Alec Baldwin wouldn’t have missed.

Slacker, Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You gotta be fucking kidding. What rock have you been living under?

5. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Trump went from a 64 percent chance of being elected before the shooting to 73 percent after the shooting. That likely will increase above 80 percent after this week.

And we can be certain that Trump will blame the shooting on Biden and the Democrats to an audience that will be at a fever pitch.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I was in Laughlin, NV this weekend. A pickup truck pulled into the Golden Nugget parking lot. You've seen those trucks. American flags/trump flags from the back.

This one had a flag that said, "I'm voting for the convicted felon"

It still stuns me how rotten this country is.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

He's from Maine, and in the recent past he's said things such as:
    • "I refuse to participate in a campaign to scare voters with the idea that Trump will end our democratic system."
    • "We should reflect on the history and strength of our great democracy, safe in the knowledge that no one man is strong enough to take it away from us."
    Must be something in the water up there, because Susan Collinsism is contagious.

matt_garth likes this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

And asks for all federal charges dropped. Geez why don’t we just ask Biden to drop out of the race while we’re at it

Last edited: Jul 14, 2024
    Webster and garrow like this.
  10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Of course it is was a 20-year-old Republican incel.

A middle age independent who gets some pussy would have hit his ass.

Killick, 2muchcoffeeman and Webster like this.
  12. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I'm in a solidly Blue area so I'm not worried about Trump getting electoral votes but I've pretty much come to accept that he will be elected.
    The support for Trump has hardly wavered here, briefly after Jan. 6 but soon again in 2021 "Trump 2024" signs were showing up. On a recent trip I saw at least 4 big billboards with Trump 2024 Make America Great Again.
    I've yet to see even one Biden yard sign let alone a billboard.

I just don't see a path to victory with Biden. MAGAs will blame him for everything and see nothing wrong with Trump.
    I think many of the undecided will look at their bank account and see prices for a lot of goods have increased and vote for change as well or they will see Biden as not being able to survive another 4 years.

Again, very disappointing these are the choices.

Draft saved Draft deleted