1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Without Carpenter and Torkelson, they're missing a projected 60 homers. And there's not a lot of team speed, so they can't run into big innings. However, even when they were scuffling, the signs were there that Greene and Keith and Perez were starting to figure it out. Maybe Malloy will heat up next.

I loved Keith's comment last night. “Playing the Dodgers, obviously they’ve got a billion dollars’ worth of players,” Keith said. “(We were) able to beat them with the boys here.”

I'm still assuming they flip Jack Flaherty and maybe Urshela at the deadline, and get Jace Jung up and Parker Meadows healthy. I've all but punted on Torkelson for now. It's in his head.

They need to learn what it takes to win, and these past two games (and even the loss to Cleveland after trailing 6-0) are a good sign.

Liut likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Snell perfect thru six. Time to yank him.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Snell assured he’s pitching into the 7th

4. Spartan Squad

I hate you

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's one of the few things that can make me tune in to Giants-Twins on a Sunday afternoon.

6. Spartan Squad

I hate you

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The A's hit 3,340 feet worth of home runs today. Their eight home runs was the most by any team since 1999. Here's all of them in three minutes. I highly recommend watching with the sound off.

maumann likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Snell's out after seven and 80 pitches. And we're left to wonder if he would have gone out for the eighth if the perfecto was still intact.

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Wow. Nobody got cheated on those swings. Seven were upper deck gappers.

Batman likes this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Snell faces the minimum through 7 gives up 1 hit. Pen coughs it up. Then Yaz walks it off with a little league homer

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Oooph, today’s the day for bullpen breakdowns.

Mariners lead 2-0 going into the bottom of the eighth in Anaheim after seven shutout innings of two-hit ball from Logan Gilbert.

Bullpen guys walk the first two Angels on nine pitches, then the No. 8 hitter jacks a three-run homer. Seattle down 3-2.

Scott Servais should be destroying something in the dugout with a baseball bat about now.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hilarious, they stole Sale’s win.

Draft saved Draft deleted