1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Biden campaign should announce tomorrow. Ads go back up. If Trump’s gonna fundraise off it, the other side doesn’t get stuck on the sidelines

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Stinky didn't get shot. He got his right ear pierced. Maybe he'll carry Houston,maybe he won't.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump should step aside.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Could be that the advance team identified this spot and the site security team dropped the ball. Might be that there was supposed to be a local PD presence - which does not let the SS of the hook for the lapse.

In great part we simply don't know yet and are going to have to wait for the after action reporting to get the facts, assuming we get facts and not spin or obfuscation.

franticscribe likes this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

he’s such a clown. Posted this: Okay I’m now told this video was uploaded today but *not* taken today. My bad!

but still has the original tweet pinned and like a dozen other reactions to it still posted

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't think the failure was on the designated security marksman. Of all the people involved, he seems to have done his job. The upstream security plan and on site communication, whoever the shot caller was, that's a different discussion.

franticscribe likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So a local heroic first responder and law enforcement officer got a look at the shooter and retreated off the roof. Good to know.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Always figured they'd have a drone in the air on something like this.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

At least I'm old and white enough to die before it all collapses.
    If my wife doesn't stop talking about it and Trump in general, maybe I'll get lucky enough that it's sooner rather than later.
    Based on the weather we've been having, I'd like to move to Newfoundland. Are there polar bears there? Maybe I could get eaten by one of them.

maumann and I Should Coco like this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We were there to go on Lake Mohave. It was 123 degrees when us and the flag guy got there thursday.

But the tables are $10 min, and paying 3-2 on blackjack. After you get your teeth kicked in on the Strip up the 95, the 3-2 blackjack looks good.

playthrough likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted