1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Mets lose to snap a five-game winning streak heading into the break. But I get to have a rooting interest for a while longer, which seemed impossible six weeks ago.

They won’t, and shouldn’t, do much at the deadline. Try to get a bullpen arm or two. But don’t give too much up. It has always been about next year. Playoffs and any postseason success would be a fun bonus this year.

Senga looks like he’ll be back soon. Rotation is pretty good. They can hit. Bullpen blows. But who knows?

And I really want people to love the Jose Iglesias story. Went 4 for 4 today. Hitting .380 with a .999 OPS. And is phenomenal and entertaining in the field. Won’t last but fun now.

I now await @BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo to destroy my good mood. :D

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oh God, they’re having Rob Manfred walk through saloon doors to announce picks.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So Saint Anthony of Hackensack, who is Indistinguishable from Gunnar or Witt, commits an error that keeps the game going? And Alex Verdugo, who reveled in the HBP of Gunnar last month, misjudges a fly ball that costs the sanctified Yankees?
    Say it ain’t Soto.

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Chris Sale got the win today :D

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I get to tell my five-year old that the Guardians big star will sound like he is on “Bluey.”

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd love to see he and Kwan start a game together. That would be something.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Clearly I was autocorrected from Snell.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I've worked for the local wood-bat summer collegiate team since 2011. Travis is our second alum to go 1/1; Adley was 1/1 in 2019. We'll have two alums (Kwan, Adley) in the AL starting lineup on Tuesday and another (Travis Anderson) on the AL team. And another alum was called up earlier this month (Brooks Lee).

If there's a team near you, go to a game. It's fun and you really do see the stars of tomorrow.

Liut, dixiehack and maumann like this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, my, tonight's Anthem singer is ... unfortunate.

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

That was fucking HORRENDOUS. I'd like to see the MAGA types get worked up over someone butchering that in an idiotic all-star uniform instead of their usual nonsense.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted