1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Any Suits spinoff that doesn't include Rick Hoffman (Louis Litt) is doomed to fail. Forget Harvey, Louis carried that show.

garrow and Spartan Squad like this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Finished The Bear last night. I thought that the finale was subpar and last scene was ridiculous. Understanding that the hectic pace of the show is supposed to mimic both the pressures of running a restaurant and the chaos in Carmy’s head, I hate the fact that you have to constantly rewind or look for screenshots on Reddit to catch everything which happened.

Dyno, jr/shotglass and Lt.Drebin like this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I wish I had been warned about the eyeball injection scene in Halo. Ick.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Absolutely. All of it.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Digging this up as I just finished "The Last Kingdom" with my wife and found Vikings (Ragnar years) superior and am trying to get her to watch Vikings now. She is hate watching it I think because all I did was say how much better Vikings was to TLK for all 5 seasons we watched (plus the movie). LOL

Anyone else watch both? Thoughts?

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I never did finish up The Last Kingdom. I don't even remember what channel it was on, but I guess maybe I lost it when I cut the cable.
    I don't even remember when I posted that, but by my thoughts haven't changed. Vikings went off the rails.

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Injections into eyeballs don't hurt nearly as much as laser surgery. Confession: Sometimes the sclera of my eyes would stay bloody-looking for a few days. I was not above a wide-eyed greeting to people with a history of being nasty. Nice people got my celebrity incognito look except for the one kid who loved horror movies.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I watched it on Netflix. It had 2 seasons on BBC2 and then switched to Netflix in 2017/2018.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Chef Terry, on the closing night of her world famous restaurant, is going to spend the afterparty in the hovel apartment of a stranger from The Bear restaurant. Not with her family, or the other world class chefs she invited for the night. *Sure, Jan*

Chef Terry, before starting her speech on the closing night of her world famous restaurant, BLOWS A KISS to Richie, who worked at Ever for five fucking days, and only two and a half of those days were good. *Sure, Jan*

What a fucking waste of a season. And my time.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2024
    Dyno and Webster like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And the amazing Donna!

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

but he quit smoking!

poindexter likes this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Anyone else watching Presumed Innocent? We are 3 episodes in of the 5 which have been released. There is some fantastic acting in the show, especially in the DA’s office. I am not sure that there is enough plot to go for 8 episodes, but I hope that I’m wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted