1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

FRANCIS SCOTT OFF-KEY!!!!!

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the new format ... and thought Witt's last ball was gone. Great show.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

DP Show said Michael Buffer was paid $50,000-$75,000 for his appearance last night. I’d rather listen to that anthem again than have to listen to that buffoon.

His rumble is more dated now than Berman’s back, back, back.

4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the format and the Derby last night, and having it come down the last swing and a ball off the wall was outstanding. But really enjoyed every interview with Teoscar Hernandez. He seemed very happy to be there and was really easy to root for,

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember reading an interview he gave 20+ years ago, and he said he charged $10K an appearance back then. He said fans would come up to him asking him to do the line and he said he tells them he’s happy to do so if they pay him $10K.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is baseball or politics, so I’ll post it in both.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

John Kruk or Theo Von?

[​IMG]

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't have a big problem with any of those rankings. Although I imagine that if you disliked the Phillies, you would want to throw something through the TV screen if exposed to the Krukster's fanboi shtick.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

They're seven games off the last Wild Card. That's gonna be a bit of a lift, but if they can play well enough after the break to get to maybe 84 wins (37-28), I think you could say it was a positive season whether that's a playoff spot or not. Heck, I'd be happy to land at .500.

maumann and Liut like this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted