1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Except for when he was smoking.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I’m enjoying it because of the acting. I read book and saw prior movie so wondering if they will change plot.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I had a growth in my eye that, because of its proximity to the iris, they couldn't use a laser on, so they did injections for a year or so until it went down. I was thinking horror movies too, but that wasn't the case at all. They numbed the heck out of it, which blurred vision for a while, but it worked.

On another growth, they were able to use a laser. Or as I posted on social media at the time, too young to have seen Hendrix in his time, but I have seen the purple haze.

I Should Coco and OscarMadison like this.
  4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I watched. Really got into it, then got derailed. I didn't know the whole series wasn't available. Next one is supposed to be available tomorrow.
    When the last available episode ended, Apple TV automatic queued up "The Last Thing He Told Me." I like Jennifer Garner, so I watched. Really a lot of twists. Finished it last night. Good series. I think there is supposed to be a Season 2.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There’s plenty to keep going. I’m through 5 and it’s really good. I might have said this already, but everyone is a scumbag and I hate them all (among the main people) in a good way. I was recommending it to my wife who’s a lawyer telling her she’d get really frustrated with the shit Gyllenhaal is pulling and the super shady DA.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The actor playing the new DA is fantastic.

7. Spartan Squad

I really hate that I’m starting to find him to be mildly reasonable.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Yes.

The only person who was likable… I’ll just leave that there.

I do like Jake’s daughter, but that is really digging down the cast.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

I just finished Supacell on Netflix. Black Londoners of various stations in life (gangster, nurse, unemployed, delivery driver and drug dealer) discover they have powers. One of them sees into the future and tries to get all five of them together.

This is basically the Defenders across the pond. The finale pays everything off. I initially was worried why we were bogged down in what felt like could be accomplished on one episode. Then the season finale showed me what they were setting up the whole time. It’s a quick watch and worth watching if you’re looking for something different.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's a bit smarmy but then slightly reasonable at times, plus he's the guy who gets the digs into the prosecuting DA.

I'd say the wife is sympathetic because of all of the crap she's taken and STILL she's hanging around. With the stuff that Rusty done and recently has said to her, I'd be out of there in a heartbeat.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The Bear nominated for the Emmy as a comedy show is, well, funny.

Webster and sgreenwell like this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

There are certainly funny parts, but yeah, that's some category fraud.

Draft saved Draft deleted