1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Good point. I wasn't thinking about the convention bounce. I didn't tune in yesterday. It would have sickened me.

I could have said the same thing anytime over the past several months. This has nothing to do with the convention. Biden is losing this election. Something has to dramatically change if he is going to win.

maumann likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Yesterday's news and yesterday's yesterday's news.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm not discounting what I call the abortion bump, which doesn't register in the polls as presently formulated but could be anywhere from 5-10%.

JDV will accentuate this bump with his previously stated stances which are to the right of Stinkypants.

Provably and demonstrably.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

how could anyone believe that he will be any of those things?

garrow likes this.
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I found an unpublished photo from the meeting. ...

[​IMG]

8. Della9250

HanSenSE, Smallpotatoes and garrow like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Imagine ANYONE else getting shot and not seeing the spouse with the victim within 48 hours. Particularly at a national political convention. And yet, nothing. Absolutely bizarre.

Heard some interesting insight on NPR yesterday - Don' Jr. has really taken the front seat in the family - Ivanka and Jared aren't involved, Melania is sitting this one out. The Veep pick was a fight between Don Jr. and Tucker who wanted Vance and Murdoch who wanted Burgum.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2024
  10. Della9250

No change in tone on grifting

A Trump-owned company sells $299 sneakers with an image of his bloodied face after rally shooting

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

There is little doubt that if both candidates are still on the ballot in November Trump will win easily.

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Rewatched In the Line of Fire the other day. Leary really went about things in the wrong way. Keep it simple, stupid.

He: taunts a legendary figure in the Secret Service, assuring the entire service will now be on the lookout for him; crosses the country just to open a bank account; has to kill my fellow Minnesotan and her roomie; dons ridiculous disguises; meticulously creates a home-made gun; takes out a couple of hunters; endures a rooftop chase he barely escapes and at the same time has to kill a Secret Service agent; makes contributions to the president just so he can get a good seat at a table.

And all he had to do was climb a roof in a rural setting.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted