1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Can she take Morgan Wallen with her?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Seriously, though, I agree with Parker McCollum. The anthem can be a career-killer.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Going into rehab is about the only way to redirect the convo from last night, but I'm still not 100% convinced that Tweet is legit.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

LOL.

My buddy worked at Silver Hill when Gregg Allman checked in. It's NOT super fun. For anyone.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Of all the color guys, Kruk is by far the best which isn't saying a whole lot. He does bring the best entertainment value if that means anything. Sundays w/Schmidt on the other hand ... woof.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Come on, folks. That post was as fake as Trump’s skin color.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

There is nobody cornier than Bryce Harper. Christ. Try a little less hard.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Presented without comment.

upload_2024-7-16_16-55-33.png

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That’s fucking savage. Yikes.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

This, as much as anything, is an illustration of how social media broke us as a society. Her rendition of the anthem suuuuuuuuucked. But giving 300 million people a global microphone to say how much it sucked … I don’t know. It just doesn’t feel right. People piling on; people saying it’s fake; it’s just so fucking seventh grade.

Also, why the fuck did there need to be a national anthem at the fucking home run derby? I lived in Australia for two years and went to several professional sporting events and I still couldn’t name the Australian national anthem in 50 notes or less. I’m pretty sure I’ve never heard it.

poindexter and HanSenSE like this.
  11. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

They got last place right, they probably got first place right, and my own team was ranked highly as they should be.

Kick out the unfunny class clown analyst they employ for reasons I can't fathom at times and the Brewers could threaten the top five in those rankings.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That shirt looks like one I just ordered from the TikTok shop.

Draft saved Draft deleted