1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This Republican National Convention is sickening. It really is.

That is all.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Longtime friend and former dance teacher at Bennington College before the purge.

Almost 12 years later to the day.

July 11, 2012 ...

[​IMG]

July 16, 2024, and the prospect of Trump 2.0 is wrecking her spirit. Her emotions during our chat were like a seismometer during a 9.8 earthquake.

[​IMG]

3. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Is anything that is written in a newspaper, magazine, on a website or other medium, or said on a newscast, podcast, talk show, etc. going to make a difference in President Joe Biden's call on Sunday to "lower the temperature in our politics?" When would it last have made a difference? Aren't politicians already ignoring that call?

4. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

I've given up. I don't deserve this; no one who votes against Trump (and doesn't throw their vote away on a third party) deserves this, but his voters -- not just his nutjob supporters, but all of his voters, even the "hold my nose" pearl-clutchers in the Republican ranks -- deserve every drop of acid-tinged shit that will rain upon them because of the policies Fatfuck and his enablers/opportunists will enshrine. It's why I have more than a passing thought to a national divorce and giving everyone five years to sort out where they want to live before the parties go their separate ways. (Even though I know the pitfalls behind this, namely that many people can't afford to relocate and would thus be stuck in a Christian Nationalist Dumbfuckistan that they didn't deserve, et. al.)

Driftwood likes this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the marketplace of ideas is bustling

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Vance's wife has past connections to the Supreme Court.

MSN

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is that worse than Hey Dudes?

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

If a fictional news director gave me two options -- all-expenses paid trip and a promotion to cover the 2024 Republican National Convention or get kicked in the balls -- I'd spread my legs and tell him to make like Ray Guy.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm struggling to figure out which of the 25 guests would have been intemperate on Monday's Morning Joe. The Rev was pretty even-handed and you only need a couple of guests at a time. Was Katty going to twist off?

I held my fire on this because reports were Joe and Mika agreed to the pause.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

We’d have to get several states to flip in order to get a contiguous land mass from coast to coast, but I’d be willing to separate from Trumpist states if it could be done.
    “Better Off Without’Em,” by Chuck Thompson— not the great broadcaster— is an interesting book. It’s implausible — Thompson says Texas would have to stay with the United States of America— but worth a read.

12. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

We already knew this, but still ... it all makes sense

Draft saved Draft deleted