1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Vance's wife being Indian a problem amongst the MAGAs, huh?

Well, that's awkward ....

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Her hands are twice the size of her messiah's.
    And can you imagine the adjectives her messiah would use to describe her?

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He's from Ohio so they should try changing it to Guardian.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The diaper thing, now the bandaged ear - really weird. Kind of a throwback to when the GOP mocked Kerry with "Purple Heart bandaids" in 2004. I'm also guessing they will be leaving their "flip-flops" at home tonight for Vance's speech.

'Purple heart bandages' spark Dems' ire

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I see turning down the heated rhetoric is working, along with that new tone and unity.

OH, only the Dems are required to do that. Forgot.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Economically speaking, who isn't better off than there were 4-8-12-16 years ago? Seriously?
    Yeah, gas and groceries are up. Well, when I first started a real job in 1987 I made $2.88 an hour. I bought a new flat screen TV the other day for $220, and the same one would have cost me at least $700 a decade ago.
    I make more now than I ever have and will get a raise in September. I make considerably more than double than I did my last full year in newspaper, which was 2011. My retirement account has some really nice numbers in it.
    OHHHH, INFLATION! It's relative.

UNCGrad likes this.
  8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Another delusional MAGA

[​IMG]

9. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

@Driftwood
    You're lucky then because my modest raises have not kept up with increased prices for gas, groceries, utilities, etc. But the biggest monthly increase (at least $300) has been a larger mortgage because real estate taxes have increased even though I refinanced at about 3.5%. I have gotten a second job just to keep my head above water.

I do have equity but restarted my mortgage clock and won't pay this off until I'm in my 80s.

Driftwood and franticscribe like this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I was in a little better shape four years ago because I was one of the fortunate ones to keep working the whole time, had just dropped my commute and other than the drive through didn’t have anywhere to spend money. But that’s more of a me issue.

For sure better off than 2016. In 2012 I was still married (although the end was coming fast) so there’s no meaningful way to compare finances now and then.

franticscribe and Driftwood like this.
  11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... Could it be ... Lady G?
    There does seem a resemblance there. :confused:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2024
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My debt load is lower than at any time in the last 20 years. My mortgage balance is down to about $50K and I have one credit card left with a $15K balance that used to be close to $30K. In about a year I will buy a new vehicle, as long as the ol' bitch wagon still runs good, I'll holdout as long as I can on that. I need a truck really.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted