1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jill likes being a celebrity. Did not see that coming, but she loves being out front and waving to the Adoring Fans.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with that. My home insurance and taxes are up, but that's the insurance companies and local, not federal. The biggest thing that helped me was getting off the newspaper plantation. I told my wife today that if my boomer SE had retired when he should have, I'd still be there making $30K a year, so I wouldn't have what I do.
    What I do have is because my wife is a very smart investor, and we live well below our means. I work with a young woman maybe 25-26 who has been to Disney in Orlando more times this year than I have to Walmart across town. That isn't hyperbole. She cries about how she can't afford to move out of her parents house. Well, duh.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  3. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I wish I could say my debt is lower. Higher than ever even though I have no car payments.
    Basically my only saving grace is I do have about $700,000 in equity.

We could sell and move to Indiana or Kansas or somewhere cheaper but I like the area I live in. Even downsizing here is expensive.
    We've honestly thought about just buying an RV, renting out our home and seeing America on wheels.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

President's wife waves during public appearance! Film at 11!!!! This is normal. Reclusive Melania Trump was the exception to First Lady behavior. Jackie was riding in the car with JFK in Dallas, waving.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Biden has covid.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

clearly disqualifying where is his precious nanny state now no one ever got big vid in a tax shelter

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

the writers are trying to jam in too many plot lines

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

How conveeeeeenient.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Or season 2 of The Morning Show.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

At least he has the good sense to not speak at an event in Vegas today, unlike CFTFG.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Fredo Trump claims Vivek will be a good running mate for him in 2032.

x.com

Okay. That either means Dad loses in 2024 and Vance loses in 2028.

Or, if Dad wins in 2024, they're assuming a Vance victory in 2028 and he serves only one term.

Or, in every Democrat's fever dreams, Trump tries to claim he gets to run for a third term in 2028 if he wins in 2024. Which would require changing the Constitution. Which would require a Constitutional Convention in every state and 2/3 of the states approving (33). There aren't 33 red states out there and there won't be in 2028.

That means a coup is coming. No one should be surprised.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

And it wouldn't go into effect until the next president takes over. Truman was exempt from the new two-term limitation amendment until he left office and Ike took over.

Draft saved Draft deleted