1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"Not on the lips, I know where that mouth has been."

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I mean, the previous two RNCs were also a goat screw. And yet here is Zombie Trump stalking us across the fields again.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Melania files for divorce on 11/6. Book it.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

One of the rare times I’m glad no one reads anymore.

garrow likes this.
  5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Trump has that weird way of commenting during his speech, veering off script as if he's reading the it for the very first time (which he probably is), and, of course, those comments can turn into long, rambling asides, such as Dana White's travel itinerary. Another weird one from last night was when he was introducing his family and going through the list of names. The guess was he was reading them, as it was very low-energy. Then he gets to Barron and says, "We love our Barron," in one of those script asides. He simply has no human connection, even with his own family. They're no more important to him, it seems, than ... pick a random fan in the arena last night.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You mean this firefighter? IMG_4094.jpeg

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Our local paper - which is actually a Gannett ghost newsroom - didn't have the assassination attempt in the Sunday paper. If the shooter hadn't been rushed, I doubt they'd have done anything differently.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The campaign people will be the last to find out. Similar to the player being recruited by a coach waiting for word about his next job.
    [​IMG]

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You don't, but there is definitely an attempt to pin the failure on local law enforcement. My friend who grew up in Butler was telling me about it.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I heard Bakari Sellers on NPR this morning saying if Biden drops out, it won't be until the convention because you can't leave a void for X number of weeks if he did it now. That makes sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted