1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Asking questions about the nature of the wound isn't conspirational. It's holding leaders accountable for information about their health.

A wound caused by glass fragments is different than a wound caused by a bullet. We have no information, other than from Trump's meanderings last night, of what actually happened to his ear. Was it nicked? Was it grazed? Was a portion of it taken off? Is there hearing damage? Is there structural damage?

Those are legitimate questions that deserve answers regardless of who is involved.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If Biden stays in the race, he may legitimately not get enough votes at the convention to be nominated.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Don't party rules make that all but impossible because the delegates, via the voting process in the primaries, are committed to Biden unless he releases them?

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If anyone needs a palate cleanser from this week.

OscarMadison, Twirling Time and SFIND like this.
  6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

This is how I understand it. He would have to release the delegates. Doing so to Harris could, I think, allow him to transfer $$$ to her. But to another candidate, I don’t believe that transfer could be done either at all or as easily as to her.

As much of an idiotic circus as the RNC was this week, the DNC will be high drama.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The plan is to still nominate Biden via roll call ahead of the convention.

Ignoring controversy, Democrats move forward with nominating Biden via virtual roll call

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Cucking funts, every single one of 'em.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Are convention delegates bound to their presidential candidate? | Brookings

MileHigh likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nah. She doesn't want to end up in a prison camp cell next to Hillary and Pelosi.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Silver is a fucking Trumpist.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted