1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Eh, it’s about me. Not you. He’s still sore about the term “squeaky gavel.” He’s very stable.

DOUBLE SQUEAKY GAVEL!

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m a straight white dude, so if it weren’t for this pesky conscience I would probably make out ok in the Trump II era for however long I could keep my mouth shut. But if I ignore the consequences for others who aren’t the most beloved group in Real Murica, all for the sake of an extra dollar in my pocket (that I doubt Trump could produce anyway) then everything I’ve ever believed in was a lie and a farce.

I Don't Know How To Explain To You That You Should Care About Other People

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I do understand what you're saying. I just don't have illusions about going to hell because I worry about me and mine first and foremost.

Your vote is going to equate to a small fraction of a pinhead in the big picture. I'm sure going to go cast that vote, but I don't have illusions about that, either. I can go into that booth in November and press the good lever, but that will not in any way decide whether the outcome is good.

So again, I'm not going to piss my pants about it.

And about that article you linked. I catch shit sometimes about being preachy. This makes me chuckle when people pen screeds like that. If you don't feel spoken down to upon reading that, that's a problem.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
  4. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

And imagine playing prevent defense when you're behind! That's Nathaniel Hackett-level strategy.

5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

That story articulates how I feel ... and frankly, why I've let some friendships go by the wayside. I lack the patience to deal with people who subscribe to the "I got mine, fuck all y'all" rot at the root of what the right wing is today. At its core, it is a sociopathic platform. And people who wave the flags for it might be nice enough and offer pleasantries on the surface, but it is a veneer to ugliness underneath. At some point, what you support reflects how you see the world, and even if these people are the subject of a massive con, I don't have the deprogramming skills to convince them to leave the cult.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What’s this “they haven’t started running ads” shit? I live in Pa. There are plenty of anti-Biden ads.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Just Tim Ryan being the dumbass that he is.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I find myself yelling at the TV, “you can start your ads again, Joe” a lot.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

PAC ads aren’t the same as a candidate’s campaign ads. I would guess that’s the difference.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The same Tim Ryan who wouldn’t adopt some of the Dems social issues during his campaign and the party didn’t fund him as a result. If anyone knows about being a hard head, it’s him.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted