1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The logic here is fascinating. As is the angry critique of the tactics of the other party. Telling.
    x.com

matt_garth and garrow like this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've still never understood the hesitance about Harris. It truly puzzles me.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Clymer. But he said he was still on board yesterday I think. But yeah, Obama and Jill 1 and 1A. Doing it now after the RNC is perfect. Hard to believe Trump was just shot a week ago.

I Should Coco and SFIND like this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I suspect very quickly the various members of the Kennedy family still active in Democratic politics will offer energetic endorsements of Big Kam (and indirect slaps at the crazy cousin), I'd guess led by Caroline.

SFIND likes this.
  5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Frankly, Harris needs to come out swinging and ratchet up the rhetoric to just this side of @Starman. She needs to start landing blows now and the fucking party needs to get the fuck out of the way and let her.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fangs out by the media for a black woman.

Juat wait.

SFIND likes this.
  7. DanOregon

She fared poorly with black voters in 2020, a lot of people said it was her background as a prosecutor. And black voters went for Biden because of his time with Obama. Also, black voters really ARE some of the most conservative in the base. THEY were hesitant about Obama, not thinking he really had a shot until he won Iowa.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There are things to nitpick about her when she’s in a field of Democrats. Big picture, though, she’s a solid candidate.

TowelWaver, 2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Kamala herself will have to maintain a posture of presidential decorum (much like Obama) but everybody down the food chain should be told: it's go time. Full nuclear. Everything is free game. When they go low, we stomp them lower than gopher shit.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Well, she’s QB1.

Let’s she what she can do.

11. DanOregon

And I hope I'm not being too blunt here, but she really should embrace just being the candidate. Focus on issues. Let other people worry about staff. Downplay the potential historic nature of her candidacy and focus on the issues and beating Trump. A simple line like "You never hear white men asked how their gender or race impacts their decision making."

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

That’s not a bad way to play it.

I’ve always felt Biden had more skeletons than we realized and it probably held the party back.

Draft saved Draft deleted